Albany Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys
After a Crash, Pick the Legal Team Locals Trust
Around the busy streets of Albany, motor vehicle accidents are an unfortunately common sight. At Basch & Keegan LLP, we want everyone in our communities to do their part in stopping car accidents, but we know that there will always be negligent motorists who don’t prioritize safety when behind the wheel. If you’ve been hit by a negligent, distracted, or intoxicated driver while traveling through or around the city, then we want to hear from you.
Using our 100+ years of collective legal experience, we can help you understand your rights as a motor vehicle accident survivor and what compensation the other driver might owe you. Our Albany car accident lawyers are here to help you in any way we can. All it takes to learn more about your case is to pick up the phone, dial (845) 251-4545, and request a free consultation.
We Manage All Types of Car Accident Cases
Our law firm is dedicated to providing Albany locals with outstanding counsel for car accident cases. Part of that goal means continually refining our knowledge and legal abilities so we can manage essentially any motor vehicle accident claim that comes our way.
Take a look at some of the case types we can handle:
- Bus accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Rear-end collisions
We are also highly familiar with motor vehicle accidents involving large commercial vehicles, which often result in devastating damage and injuries. If you were in a truck accident in Albany, then you can turn to our law firm for legal guidance and moral support.
How Do You Prove Liability in a Motor Vehicle Accident?
After you are in a crash with a negligent driver, you can be certain that they will not want to accept liability for what they did. You should not be surprised if they outright try to say that you caused the crash when you are confident that you did nothing wrong. If you want to get as much compensation for your injuries as possible, then you will need to prove liability clearly in your claim or lawsuit.
A few pieces of evidence that can make it easier to prove liability are:
- First responder reports: Police officers, firefighters, and EMTs who helped at the scene of your motor vehicle accident should create detailed reports about what they saw. Our attorneys can request copies of these reports, which could reveal useful proof of liability.
- Eyewitness testimonies: The statements from passersby and other motorists who saw your crash can be powerful advantages for your claim. Let us know if you got the contact information of any eyewitnesses.
- Dashcam footage: Do you have a dashcam in your car? Or maybe the other driver had one? We can take steps to secure that footage and examine it for evidence of distraction.
- Medical records: Even the medical records your doctors make after treating you can benefit your car accident claim. When you first see a medical professional after a crash, either in the ER, urgent care, or elsewhere, make certain to tell them that you were in an accident and that is why you are suffering from new or worsened injuries.
We Fight for Every Cent of Compensation
As a motor vehicle accident survivor, you deserve damages that pay for medical bills, lost wages, vehicle repair, and your pain and suffering. Our Albany motor vehicle accident attorneys can carefully calculate your damages and fight for every single penny owed. Holding insurance companies accountable for the money they owe our clients is a genuine passion of ours, as we know you will see in everything that we do while assisting or representing you.
Talk about your car accident case with our team today. Dial (845) 251-4545.
Basch & Keegan Won Best Law Firm in the Hudson Valley, & Our Own John DeGasperis Won Best Lawyer with the Chronogrammies!View Article
Basch and Keegan LLP Sponsorship of the Firework Display for the Kingston High School Class of 2021 Senior Celebration!View Article
Basch and Keegan LLP is a Proud Sponsor of the Kingston Farmers Market, Which is Now Open in County Courthouse Parking Lot AgainView Article