Kingston Catastrophic Injury Lawyers
When Every Cent of Compensation Counts
Were you in a serious accident that left you severely injured? If your injury caused an immediate disability or permanent complications, then it might be considered “catastrophic” in medical and legal definitions. Regardless of what it is called, a catastrophic injury will have devastating consequences on your wellbeing and your finances, possibly for the rest of your life.
To seek fair compensation after a catastrophic injury, you need legal counsel that is just as serious. Basch & Keegan LLP is the first name you should call in Kingston for comprehensive representation for your catastrophic injury claim. We have more than 100 years of collective experience to put to use when working on your claim and more than 10,000 clients who put their similar cases on our desks.
Why else should you trust our law firm with your catastrophic injury claim?
- Founded in 1987
- Long history of successful case results
- Total focus on personal injury claims
- Award-winning team of lawyers
Don’t lose more time to hesitation. Call (845) 251-4545 and start exploring your legal options after suffering a life-changing injury in the Hudson Valley.
Five Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Any injury that causes significant and lasting harm can be considered catastrophic. Five types of catastrophic injuries occur more often than others, though, and it is this group that we focus our legal efforts on the most.
Five of the most commonly reported catastrophic injuries are:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): Brain damage can be caused by blunt force trauma, oxygen deprivation, chemical exposure, and other sorts of hazards. In every situation, though, a TBI poses a significant health threat that may cause an unpredictable number of symptoms ranging in severity.
- Spinal cord injuries: Harm to the back or spine can damage the spinal cord, causing immediate and permanent paralysis. The higher the injury occurs along the spinal cord, the greater the extent of the paralysis.
- Amputations: Particularly violent accidents like a high-speed car accident may cause a total or partial loss of a limb or amputation. Medical malpractice can also cause amputation through egregious surgical errors.
- Burn injuries: Second- and third-degree burns caused by fires, explosions, electrocution, and caustic chemicals can cause permanent scarring and disabilities, depending on what part of the body is burned.
- Permanent disfigurement: Someone who is left with permanent disfigurement or significant visible scarring after reaching their maximum medical improvement (MMI) can be considered a catastrophic injury victim.
Damages That Extend into the Future
Due to the extreme harm caused by a catastrophic injury, the financial damage caused is often far more extensive than most initially realize. Immediate medical care is necessary but so will be future treatments. The disabilities caused by a catastrophic injury can also prevent you from working for the foreseeable future, dramatically reducing or completely eliminating your income from gainful employment.
With all of these damages in mind, it is clear to see that calculating the costs of your injury needs to look beyond what has already accrued. Our Kingston catastrophic injury lawyers know to consider the damages you have not yet experienced but likely will, so our calculations are accurate and fair. It is our goal to conclude your case with a settlement or verdict amount that allows you to rest comfortably for however long you need.
Schedule a free consultation with Basch & Keegan LLP today.
John was quick to respond, helpful and honest
John was quick to respond, helpful and honest regarding my situation and the questions I had. Also easy to talk to which is always appreciated!”
Strong and Persistent
“Strong and Persistent”
Best of the best of the best!
“Compassionate, dedicated, professional...Eli, Maureen, Derek, John, and all the staff.”
Professional, Responsive & Communicative
Maureen and her crew do one heck of a job!!!!”
Extremely responsive, even after hours!
We Understand How You FeelWe recognize the difficulty that injury victims face. Let us take some of the weight off your shoulders.
Personalized & Passionate RepresentationWe consistently obtain excellent results because our opponents know we don’t back down. We are ready to fight for you.
A History of SuccessWe’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars in compensation for personal injury victims in the Hudson Valley. Ask your friends and neighbors about us.
For Us, Every Case Is PersonalOur attorneys spend significant time with each and every client, explaining the legal process and ensuring that our clients understand their options at every stage of their case.
Proven Strategy for Getting Exceptional SettlementsWe work hard for our clients and prepare each case for trial. This proven strategy enables us to obtain higher settlement values on behalf of our clients.