At Basch & Keegan LLP, our legal team is dedicated to helping you recover from the effects of negligence. Our goal in each case is to help our clients recover the compensation they deserve — but our mission is greater than that. We aim to provide exceptional service, stellar support, and informed guidance throughout the legal process.
We know the physical, financial, and emotional impact an injury can leave on a victim and their family. Our lawyers work to alleviate these hardships by offering tenacious legal advocacy and compassionate counseling to every injury victim we work with.
- Title: Paralegal
- Katherine is a Certified Paralegal. She works directly with partner John A. DeGasperis. After graduating from SUNY New Paltz, Katherine completed the Paralegal Certificate Program at Marist College. She is now an ambassador with the program, and a regular speaker at Marist College. She has been with Basch & Keegan since 2015 and has been a tremendous acquisition for the firm.
- Title: Marketing Coordinator
- Marianne is the Marketing Coordinator for Basch & Keegan. She works directly with all four partners on brand awareness, media purchases and community relations. Marianne holds a BA in Communications from Marist College and has been with the firm since 2021. Since being hired Marianne has excelled in her role.
- Title: File/Scanner/Medical Records Clerk
- Carolina is a bilingual Spanish interpreter, and the backbone of Basch & Keegan, working as our File/Scanner/Medical Records Clerk. She handles all digital scanning & filling for our cloud-based file system and utilizes state of the art technology to get medical recorders faster and more convenient for the firm. Carolina also helps the attorneys and Spanish speaking clients communicate when language in a barrier. Hired in 2022, Carolina’s role is extremely important to the integrity of the firm, and we are delighted to have her as part of the team.
- Title: Legal Assistant
- Kathy is a legal assistant, working directly with partner and co-founder Eli B. Basch. Kathy has been working with Basch & Keegan since Eli started his private practice in 1983. In addition to helping clients, Kathy is the office manager of Basch & Keegan. She ensures the offices of Basch & Keegan operate efficiently and smoothly. We are grateful to have Kathy as part of the team! She is extremely wise, highly organized, and self-motivated.
- Title: Receptionist
- Lori is the receptionist at Basch & Keegan. She is likely the first voice and face you hear and see when you call our office! Lori has been with the firm since 1994. Lori plays a vital role with the firm by performing new client intakes and directing all phone calls to proper channels. She is on the front line in helping our clients. Lori excels at articulating exactly what the client needs from the beginning. She enjoys talking with our clients and working with our attorneys, and we enjoy working with her!
- Title: Paralegal
- Janna is a paralegal, working directly with partner Derek J. Spada. Janna graduated from SUNY Albany and then went on to complete her Paralegal Certification from Marist College. Janna has been with Basch & Keegan since 2021 and is a valuable addition for Basch & Keegan to the firm.
- Title: Legal Assistant
- Lori is a legal assistant and licensed Notary Public with Basch & Keegan. She has been with the firm for over 35 years! Lori works side-by-side with all attorneys in the firm, handling matters of Medicare and Medicaid liens and has become an asset in settlements. We are grateful for the hard work she does for the firm every day!
$4,000,000 | Tractor Trailer Accident
A truck driver was rear-ended by another trucker and suffered failed back syndrome.
$4,000,000 | Motorcycle Accident
Our client was a 34-year-old driving a motorcycle into work when she struck a pothole with her front tire causing her to lose control and impact a guardrail. Our client was transported by helicopter to Albany Medical Center, having suffered serious injuries.
$3,850,000 | Post-Operative Complication
Attorneys John A. DeGasperis and Eli B. Basch negotiated a multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of an Albany County woman who sustained a traumatic brain injury (TBI) due to hospital and physician malpractice.
$3,750,000 | Slip & Fall
After a long and difficult battle, justice was obtained. Our client was a grandmother visiting a museum with her grandchildren. She tripped and fell on a ramp that led from one room to another within the museum.
$3,300,000 | Floor Collapse
Our client literally fell through the floor.
Our attorneys have decades of experience practicing law. We are award-winning, knowledgeable lawyers who are members of the nation’s top legal associations and backed by a record of success.
To learn more about our legal team and to discuss the details of your case, schedule a free consultation with our lawyers by completing our contact form or calling (845) 251-4545. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are dedicated to our community and the people in it.Learn More
Our team of Kingston personal injury attorneys indeed strives to deliver the highest level of representation to each client we serve.Read Our Reviews
Please call us if you would like to refer an injured client a firm with qualified attorneys who possess the requisite degree of experience and compassion to handle any personal injury matter.Learn More
Our Legal Blog
Daily Freeman readers have voted Basch & Keegan LLP as the “Best Law Firm in the Hudson Valley.”View More
Here to Help Win the Fight
Backed by our experience and insight, we’ve become known for taking on the toughest claims. If you or someone you love has been injured by the negligence or wrongful acts of another, we’re here to help you fight for the justice you deserve.
HERE TO HELP Get Results
At Basch & Keegan LLP, we have the resources and experience to help victims level the playing field with even the most powerful adversaries – and we have the record of success to back it up.
HERE TO HELP When You’re Hurt
We serve as the support system you can rely on as you begin your recovery. We go the extra mile to ensure you can focus on getting better while we work on the legal aspects of your claim.
HERE TO HELP Regardless of Who You Ask
We place an emphasis on personal attention. This approach allows us to create legal strategies custom-tailored to each client’s unique circumstances and has earned us the respect of our peers.
HERE TO HELP The Community
Our Kingston-based lawyers have deep roots in the community and a lengthy history of giving back to Ulster County. When the community needs us, we are always here to help.