Albany Product Liability Attorneys
You Can Sue Corporations for Dangerous Products
Every product that you buy should be safe enough to use. Yet thousands of Americans a year are seriously injured or lose their lives to unsafe products with defects caused by manufacturer negligence. If you were recently injured by a dangerous or defective product, then Basch & Keegan LLP can help you understand your rights and act on them in pursuit of fair compensation.
Our attorneys can help if you or your family were hurt by a product, such as:
- Pharmaceutical drugs and prescription medicines
- Medical devices and equipment like hip implants
- Auto part defects like airbags and tires
- Power tools and other household machinery
- Children’s toys and playground equipment
- Electrical and kitchen appliances
Get more information during a free consultation.
Product Defects & Design Flaws
Products can become unreasonably dangerous for a number of reasons and due to the neglect of a number of different parties. Manufacturers, distributors, and retailers all can become partially or completely liable for the harm caused by a defective product if something that they did led to its defect.
Four main types of product defects are:
- Design: A product can become unsafe due to an inherent flaw in its design. For example, the notorious exploding Takata airbags were designed to use an unstable chemical component, which means the design flaw ensured the airbags were never safe enough for consumer use.
- Manufacturing: A mistake during the manufacturing process can make a product unsafe. For example, a bookcase that is shipped without a wall mount can dangerously defective and might tip over.
- Instruction: Products without proper instructions for day-to-day use can put consumers in unreasonable damage and be considered defective.
- Handling: Some products become dangerous between the point it leaves the manufacturer’s control and the point of sale, usually due to some sort of mishandling by a vendor or distributor. For example, if a grocery store kept a meat product at room temperature and someone bought it, ate it, and got sick, then the “defect” would be caused by the store, not the original supplier.
Contact Our Defective Product Attorneys in Albany
You can hold a product manufacturer or retailer liable for the injuries their defective product caused you. But it might not be easy. Big companies usually have big legal defense teams ready to challenge any claim filed against them.
Show them you mean business by teaming up with Basch & Keegan LLP at the start of your case. Our product defect lawyers are always standing by to help locals in Albany explore their legal rights and demand compensation.
This firm will fight for you and get results! We cannot recommend them enough!
“Above everything, John and Katie showed genuine concern for me and my family. It’s clear how passionate John is about his work and doing what’s best for his clients.”
I will certainly recommend Maureen Keegan in the future!
“Throughout the 2+ years, Maureen Keegan continued to persevere on my behalf, contacting doctors, etc. and continually informing me of the status of my case.”
Derek was extremely helpful and informative through every step of the way.
“Everyone in the firm was pleasant. Thank you for helping to achieve this victorious win! I highly recommend this amazing firm!”
Your first mistake would be not to call Basch & Keegan because they truly are the very best in every way.
“All of the attorneys treated me like family which is very important when you are injured. Derek Spada has become my personal friend and holds a special place in my heart forever.”
Win the Fight
Basch & Keegan LLP is a nationally recognized trial practice that’s been trusted by clients and colleagues across Upstate New York since 1987. Our Kingston personal injury lawyers have over 100 years of collective experience and have fought for over 10,000 victims during our time in practice.
When You’re Hurt
We serve as the support system you can rely on as you begin your recovery. From explaining your rights, options, and what to expect with the personal injury claim process to working your case on contingency and connecting you with medical professionals who work on liens, we go the extra mile to ensure you can focus on getting better while we work on the legal aspects of your claim.
At Basch & Keegan LLP, we have the resources and experience to help victims level the playing field with even the most powerful adversaries – and we have the record of success to back it up.
Regardless of Who You Ask
We place an emphasis on personal attention, cultivate close-working relationships, and provide step-by-step support. This approach allows us to create legal strategies custom-tailored to each client’s unique circumstances and has earned us the respect of our peers.
Our Kingston-based lawyers have deep roots in the community and a lengthy history of giving back to Ulster County. When the community needs us, we are always here to help.